We are committed to serving our clients with attention towards INTEGRITY, PERFORMANCE, SAFETY, AND quality
But, we can’t achieve that level of excellence without our employees, to whom we owe our success. This is why we would like to offer you the opportunity to help us sustain our history of success through a challenging, fulfilling, and profitable career with Lawson Mechanical Contractors.
Every team member plays an integral role in completing our high-profile, award-winning, one-of-a-kind projects. Lawson Mechanical is one of Northern California’s largest, most comprehensive and well-respected design-build mechanical companies. We encourage every team member to contribute their insights and innovations, and we offer countless opportunities for growth. In fact, many of our team members have been with us for several decades, having worked their way up into management and supervisory roles.
AT LAWSON MECHANICAL, YOU'LL FIND:
Lawson Mechanical Contractors, LLC is a premier Sacramento mechanical contractor that has been operating in the built environment for over 76 years. We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join our team and assist our Project Managers in overseeing the successful delivery of construction projects using the necessary engineering, labor, equipment, material, tools, and subcontracted services. The right candidate will be organized, adaptable, successful at building relationships, and comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
Talent goals for this role:
- Two years of construction experience, or equivalent education, is required
- Basic knowledge of HVAC design and a general understanding of system operations
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications
- Knowledge of construction related processes and documents
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills
- Ability to support multiple team members with minimal supervision
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite programs, especially Excel and Word
- Familiarity with online construction database portals
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu is preferred
- Knowledge of estimating techniques is a plus
Responsibilities for this role:
- Collaborate with the Project Management team to ensure seamless planning and execution throughout all phases of the construction life cycle
- Coordinate with suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to procure deliverables on schedule
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with all construction project team members
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of project schedules, ensuring milestones and deadlines are met
- Prepare and submit project documentation, including submittals, RFIs, and progress reports
- Provide onsite project management support at construction jobsites, as needed
- Distribute documents to appropriate team members and stakeholders
- Compile electronic closeout documents, including O&Ms, as-builts, and warranties
- Prepare and submit change order cost estimates
- Prepare and analyze job cost reports for presentation to the management team
- Identify work installed to track labor feedback accurately
- Prepare equipment delivery log and track status of procured materials and equipment
- Coordinate communication to minimize project issues, delays, and budget challenges
Job Schedule: Full-time. Monday through Friday. Current work hours are 7 AM – 3:30 PM.
Salary: Pay is determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of an applicant. For this role, the current range is $35 – $40 per hour.
Work Location: Sacramento, CA. Travel to jobsites in the surrounding area, as needed.
Why you should apply: LMC offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We have a 401(k) retirement plan that includes an employer match and immediate 100% vesting. Along with paid holidays, we offer a vacation plan and sick leave. We also offer pre-tax flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care.
Please visit our website at www.lawsonmechanical.com to find out more about our projects and company culture.
LMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This website does not collect or use personal information. Personal information that you submit via the Contact form will be transmitted to LMC, but it will not otherwise be shared, stored, or sold by the web host.