We are committed to serving our clients with attention towards INTEGRITY, PERFORMANCE, SAFETY, AND quality
But, we can’t achieve that level of excellence without our employees, to whom we owe our success. This is why we would like to offer you the opportunity to help us sustain our history of success through a challenging, fulfilling, and profitable career with Lawson Mechanical Contractors.
Every team member plays an integral role in completing our high-profile, award-winning, one-of-a-kind projects. Lawson Mechanical is one of Northern California’s largest, most comprehensive and well-respected design-build mechanical companies. We encourage every team member to contribute their insights and innovations, and we offer countless opportunities for growth. In fact, many of our team members have been with us for several decades, having worked their way up into management and supervisory roles.
AT LAWSON MECHANICAL, YOU'LL FIND:
Lawson Mechanical Contractors (LMC) is a premier Sacramento Design/Build HVAC, plumbing, and piping mechanical contractor. We are looking to add a talented Mechanical Engineer to our design/build engineering and pre-construction team. Our team works on a wide range of interesting projects in Northern California and the Central Valley.
In the design/build environment, you will have the opportunity to collaborate on projects from the initial concept through completion and commissioning. You will work alongside dynamic and seasoned teams that estimate, coordinate, manage, and build projects together collaboratively.
Our project range incudes educational, medical, performing arts, institutional, hospitality, and commercial buildings. Many of the projects we are involved in include sustainable design and achieve green certifications such as LEED, Net Zero Energy, and Well Building.
Talent goals for this role:
- A minimum of 10 years engineering experience working on HVAC, plumbing, and piping design for commercial, institutional, or industrial projects
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- California Mechanical Professional Engineering Registration (P.E.)
- Ability to lead and motivate engineering project team to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budgets
- Knowledge of state and local building codes
- Knowledge of California Title 24
- LEED Accreditation or strong knowledge of LEED requirements
- Experience working in collaborative and progressive project delivery processes including design/build and design/assist
- Ability to mentor and guide more junior staff
- Lead project team and manage project schedule
- Quality of assurance of mechanical designs and documentation Use creative and innovative solutions to solve complex engineering challenges
- Represent LMC in meetings with clients, owners, and other project team members
- HVAC/plumbing/piping systems sizing, selection, and layout
- Building load calculations and energy modeling
- Development of construction drawings using 2D drafting and 3D modeling
- Coordination of mechanical systems with other trades
Preferred Software Experience:
- Revit – 3D Mechanical Systems Modeling
- AutoCAD – 2D Drafting
- CDS Trace 700 - Building Load Calculations and Energy Modeling
- EnergyPro – Building Energy Modeling
- Microsoft office including Word and Excel
Why you should apply: In addition to a competitive salary, LMC offers medical, dental, and life insurance. We have a 401(k) retirement plan that includes an employer match. Along with paid holidays, we offer a vacation plan and sick leave. We also offer a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan.
LMC is proud to an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The Service Manager leads technicians who install, repair and maintain heating and air conditioning systems for the entire company [Service, Special Projects and Main Construction]. This manager routinely works directly with the service and start up technicians, directs the dispatch of personnel to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting the division departmental goals and objectives. Presenting himself/herself as a senior company representative, the Service Manager often communicates directly with customers, vendors and suppliers to ensure accurate communication of job or project status and requirements. This position requires an excellent ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and provide excellent customer service, conflict resolution, training, and strong leadership skills.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Manages dispatch with schedules, directs and provides technical support for all HVAC technicians to meet service demands and customers’ expectations
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains all HVAC technicians as required to meet workload demands, and the division or customer expectations and requirements
- Supervises and directs the HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, installation, start-up, operation, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Reviews technicians’ work to ensure quality meets established division standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity
- Responsible for HVAC technicians’ performance appraisals, reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements
- Establishes and maintains a regular training program to ensure that HVAC technicians are properly trained on latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions
- Conducts group and one-on-one meetings with technicians as required for training, evaluation and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency and training requirements
- Communicates daily with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used
- Maintains communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the HVAC Service Department
- Develops and monitors budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability
- Reviews work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure timely cash flow and maintain minimal account receivables
- Specifies and makes sure that required parts are ordered in timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met
- Reviews and approved all quoted job sent in by the office staff
- Ensures that all company/division policies are being followed by all HVAC technicians
- Oversees assigned HVAC service vehicles, monitors vehicles to ensure they are being maintained and operated as required and used according to company policy
- Monitors HVAC service vehicles to ensure they are in an acceptable condition to allow technicians to efficiently work out of the vehicle, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained
- Keeps current with latest factory OEM training on current products, coordinates HVAC technician training and maintains training records to ensure personnel maintain proficiency in preventive maintenance, start-up, trouble-shooting, and repair of supported equipment
- Generate sales leads; and promotes and develops maintenance/service agreements; estimates and generates bids for contract projects/work
- Manages larger installation, start-up and commissioning projects; coordinates and directs a team of technicians and/or installing contractors; performs prestart-up inspections and completes turnover of equipment to owner
- Work with other departmental managers to meet company and departmental goals and objectives
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations as assigned by the General Manager
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Five years HVAC Management related experience
- Experience working within union agreements
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Has the ability to read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals, schematics and control circuits related to HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and an ability to use resources at hand to find solutions
- Strong leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Good computer skills: knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and general software navigation
- Possess a strong personal desire for improvement; and the desire to motivate HVAC technicians to be better tomorrow than they are today
- Have a clean, neat and professional appearance; a top performer who can instill pride of workmanship in himself and in others
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and background
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays as/if required
- Bachelor’s degree Administration or equivalent experience a plus but not required
- Five years HVAC Management related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Full-time; Monday through Friday
- Depending on experience
- Sacramento, CA
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY:
Our Growing Division is looking for influencers to shape and grow with the company. Enjoy providing solutions, collaboration with peers, customers and vendors. Intrigued in the learning of new market segments and business styles that use our services. Our leaders provide support for success at every position feeding a team atmosphere of entire success. We work every day to support our customers and their goals, our success in our individual contribution. "At 100% not only feeds my family and supports our vacations but all those around me (LMC Team)." We need you to continue this effort as we grow. We look forward to meeting you.
In addition to a competitive salary, LMC offers medical, dental, and life insurance. We have a 401(k) retirement plan that includes an employer match. Along with paid holidays, we offer a vacation plan and sick leave. We also offer a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan.
LMC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This website does not collect or use personal information. Personal information that you submit via the Contact form will be transmitted to LMC, but it will not otherwise be shared, stored, or sold by the web host.